Failure to return library materials on time will result in the assessment of fines. For standard circulating materials (2-week, 4-week, and Semester loans) borrowers will not receive fines during the 14-day grace period. On the fifteenth day, however, fines will be assessed retroactively to the first day that the item was overdue. Course reserves and other short-term loans must be returned on or before the time of day due in to avoid fines.
The borrower is responsible for full payment of fines assessed on his or her account. There are three basic categories of fines: those for standard circulating materials, those for short-term loans, and those for equipment. All fines are charged per item. Materials and equipment receive a short-term loan status when in high demand and are subject to higher fines.
Standard Circulating Material
- 2-week, 4-week and Semester loans (25¢ per day)
- 1-hour, 2-hour, 3-hour and 4-hour loans ($1.00 per hour)
- 1-day, 3-day, 7-day loans, Leavey Library DVDs, and all Recalled materials ($5.00 per day)
- 3-hour loan ($20/hour - $100 max)
- Pen Tablet, USB Microphone, iTalk Voice Recorder, etc.
- 4-hour loans ($2/hour - $40 max)
- Camcorder, Digital Camera, Digital Audio Recorder
- 1-day loans ($20/day - $100 max)
- Digital Cameras
- 3-day loans ($20/day - $100 max)