Answered By: Adam Sexton Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015 Views: 574
If a book that you need is checked out to another user, you can recall it. You can recall a book only if it is checked out to another borrower and there are no other copies available of the book within the USC Library system. The borrower has two weeks to return the book (unless it is due sooner than when you recall it).
- Go to HOMER and pull up the record for the book that you wanted to check out.
- Click on the link labeled Recall this item (see first image below).
A new HOMER window will open (see second image below):
- Enter your library barcode number and your PIN number.
- Select the library from which you want to pick up the book.
- In the box labelled Not needed after, put in the date that you no longer need the book (if there is one.)
- Click Place Hold.