Answered By: Adam Sexton Last Updated: Jun 02, 2016 Views: 2783
We operate on a first-come/first-serve basis and do not page books that are currently available. You can only put books on hold when they are currently checked out to another user. We refer to this as recalling books (from another user).
Please check our online catalog, HOMER, to see whether a book you need is on the shelf in one of the USC Libraries. If a due date appears in the Location field, the book is checked out. Follow these steps to place a hold/recall:
- Go to HOMER and pull up the record for the book that you want to check out.
- Click on the link labeled Recall this item.
- Enter your library barcode number and your PIN number.
- Select the library you want to pick the book up from.
- In the box labeled expiration date, put in the date that you no longer need the book (if there is one.)
- Click Recall this item.