Answered By: Adam Sexton Last Updated: Jul 09, 2015 Views: 86
A due date in the HOMER record for a book means that it is checked out to another borrower.
If a book that you need is checked out to someone else, you can recall it. You can recall a book only if it is checked out to another borrower and there are no other copies available of the book within the USC Library system. The borrower has two weeks to return the book (unless it is due sooner than when you recall it).
- Go to HOMER and pull up the record for the book that you want to check out.
- Click on the link labeled Recall this item.
- Enter your library barcode number and your PIN number.
- Select the library you want to pick the book up from.
- In the box labeled expiration date, put in the date that you no longer need the book (if there is one.)
- Click Recall this item.