Answered By: Christal Young Last Updated: May 23, 2022 Views: 422
Undergraduate and graduate students have a number of options for publishing their works through USC student-run publications.
- Dornsife lists a number of publishing (and presentation) opportunities both at and outside of USC: https://dornsife.usc.edu/hist/presentation-and-publication-opportunities/
- Scribe: Scribe is a USC student-run online academic publication that accepts academic as well as artistic works. Many of Scribe’s submissions come from Writing 340 classes. Go to https://scribe.usc.edu/submit/ to submit or https://scribe.usc.edu/ for more info.
- Palaver Arts Magazine: Palaver is a student-run online arts publication that accepts fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, arts, multimedia, and much more. https://dornsife.usc.edu/submit/
- The Social Justice Review was a Levan Institute for Humanities and Ethics project but I don’t believe it is currently in publication. You can view past issues here https://issuu.com/socialjusticereview/
- Illumin is an Engineering Writing Program’s online magazine. They publish writing and multimedia focused on science and technology, and the effect engineering has on the modern world. https://illumin.usc.edu/
- Glimpse From the Globe publishes student works on international affairs. They mostly accept 550-1000 word submissions, along with some longer and creative pieces. https://www.glimpsefromtheglobe.com/
There are a number of Library and Information Science journals also open to student publishing:
SJSU LIS Publications Wiki: This Wiki gathers information available publications. https://ischoolwikis.sjsu.edu/lispublications/
LARKS Present and Publish Your Research: Lists numerous conferences and meetings where you can submit a proposal to present or submit to a scholarly journal. https://www.ala.org/tools/research/larks/present-publish
Student Research Journal is a journal that promotes LIS graduate student publishing. https://ischool.sjsu.edu/student-research-journal
Emerging Library & Information Perspectives - A Western University open access journal https://ojs.lib.uwo.ca/index.php/elip/about