Answered By: Benjamin Hall Last Updated: Nov 01, 2023 Views: 37
Market research frequently includes market size and market share data. Reports will often reference market sizing like "X Global Market is valued at X USD in X year and is expected to grow at a CAGR of X% from X year to X year." Reports are often written explicitly to size specific market segments, so its often best to create your own estimates for a specific market.
The best resources for finding market research, include:
- As of this writing, this database includes ~25,000 industry reports [Fitch Solutions; D&B First Research], 2009-Present.
- Locate and select "Advanced Search" above the search box. Scroll down to "Document type:" and check boxes in the dropdown for "Industry Report" and "Market Report" and "Market Research." Add search terms (e.g. Colleges) to the search box.
- As of this writing, this database includes ~2,500 market reports [BCC Publishing], 2018-Present.
- Browse market research by collection (Life Sciences; Sensors; Materials; Environment & Sustainability; Commerce) or search for a known product or service (e.g. Biofuels). Note that USC Libraries only subscribes to BCC Publishing reports, so reports listed for FMR, TBRC, etc. will only provide limited information.
- As of this writing, this database includes global industry reports [Mordor Intelligence; TBRC; MarketLine; Technavio, Barnes] for over 197 countries/regions.
- Locate and select the house/home button in the menu options beside MY EMIS. Find the box for SOURCES. Within the box for "Global Industry Research," select "All Sources." Locate a reputable market intelligence provider (e.g. Technavio) and click their profile. Within a provider's library, use the search box to search for a known product or service (e.g. Adhesive).
- Alternatively, search for an industry, product, or service in the main search box and explore the "Reports" section. Tip: Browsing may be easier than searching.
- As of this writing, this database includes ~5,000 industry analyses, 2018-Present.
- Locate and select the (+) expand option beside "Deliverable Types" under FILTERS. Check the box for "Industry Research." Browse industry research by category (Aerospace & Defense; Automotive & Transportation; Business * Financial Services; Career Research; Chemicals, Materials & Nutrition; Consumer Products; Education; Electronics & Security; Energy & Power Systems; Healthcare; etc.) Add search terms to the "Search here" box (e.g. Drone). Tip: Browsing may be easier than searching.
- As of this writing, this database includes ~43,500 market research reports [Plunkett Analytics] and ~200,000 market share / rankings [Market Share Reporter], 1998-Present.
- Locate and select "Advanced Search" from the home screen. Scroll down until "by content type:" is visible. Check the box for "Market Share / Rankings" and "Market Research Reports." Add search terms to the "Terms" box (e.g. Paint) and select "Document Title" in the dropdown beneath "Field."
- Locate and select "Advanced" below the search box. Scroll down to locate "Content Type" and check boxes in the dropdown menu for "Market Analysis" and "Market Share." Also consider checking boxes for "Magic Quadrants" and "Market Data & Statistics" or "Market Guides." Add search terms (e.g. Cloud) to the search box.
- Search for a company or industry (e.g. Tesla) and select the relevant industry report. On the side-navigation, examine the "At a Glance" tab to locate the "Executive Summary." Also view the "Products and Markets" tab to locate industry revenue within the "Major Market Segmentation" and the "Companies" tab to locate market share data for major companies.
- As of this writing, this database includes ~1,500 market reports [Freedonia Focus; Kalorama], 2003-Present.
- Browse market research by category (Food & Beverage; Technology & Media; Heavy Industry; Demographics; Life Science; Consumer Goods; Service Industries; Public Sector) or search for a known product or service (e.g. Credit Card). Tip: Browsing may be easier than searching.
- Locate SEARCH ALL CATEGORIES, select "Industries" and select the the "Go" button. Browse industry research by category (Appliances and Electronics; Drinks; Food and Nutrition; Health and Beauty; Home Products; Luxury and Fashion; Nicotine and Cannabis; Services; B2B) or search for a known product or service (e.g. Soup). Tip: Browsing may be easier than searching.