Answered By: Adam Sexton
Last Updated: Aug 02, 2017     Views: 408

Visiting scholars, VIP guests, and summer program participants must be sponsored by an academic or administrative department to obtain library privileges. The requesting department assumes responsibility for materials borrowed, as well as for the proper use of library facilities and equipment. Departments are encouraged to obtain USC IDs from the USCard office while guests are in residence. This ID can be used to enable facilities access and borrowing bound library materials.

Upon a recommendation of a sponsoring school’s Dean (or their designate), a visiting scholar’s information is entered into the iVIP system.

Remote access to library databases is governed by license agreements and does not cover all guests. Consult a program's iVIP program administrator to ascertain and troubleshoot a visiting scholar's privileges and account settings.

Library privileges are granted on a semester basis, and a request to extend privileges must be made by the sponsoring department each semester.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.